Facebook have opened applications in Sydney and Melbourne for its latest small business grants program.
The grants program was first announced in March with Facebook stating they were committed to supporting small businesses affected by the coronavirus pandemic by offering cash grants and advertising credits.
The tech company is offering approximately $3 million in grants to Australian businesses, with successful businesses to each receive $6,400. These amounts include $4,000 in cash and $2,400 in optional advertising credits.
To be eligible for one of the grants, Australian businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Have between two and 50 employees as of January 1, 2020;
- Have been in business for over one year;
- Be a for-profit business;
- Be in Sydney or Melbourne, where Facebook has offices in Australia; and
- Have experienced challenges due to COVID-19.
Businesses do not need to have a Facebook presence to apply for one of the grants, and Facebook says applicants will need to provide a business registration extract from the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
Applications close on the 22nd of Septmeber.
You can apply for the grant here.